Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting contacts, SCARED! I know the eye doctor will show me how, but do any contact wearers have any tips?

I also have a question, I do rub my eyes frequently, is this a big problem?





Also, if you take a nap during the day one day, is it harmful if your wearing contacts?





Getting contacts, SCARED! I know the eye doctor will show me how, but do any contact wearers have any tips?
I have been wearing contacts for about 6 years as a substitute for my glasses.





Be very hygienic when changing, removing and handling your contact lenses. It'll be uncomfortable at first but i tell you when you get used to it, it is as though its not there. Ask for a lubricating eye drops from your doctor, contact lenses can be very irritating when it lacks moisture, and if the weather is cold. DO NOT SLEEP with your contacts on. though, depending on the kind of contacts your doctor will be providing, i suggest AVOID sleeping with your contacts on. Make it a habit to remove them. If your just napping, well i guess it's ok. I used to take a nap with my contacts however it is not advisable. If your getting disposables, make sure not to reuse them, or if you have the extended wear, make sure to clean them in fresh solution.





I also carry around a small pouch with a small bottle of solution and a contact lens container anywhere i go- for emergencies and if your doctor is giving you the extended wear ones. make sure to ask your doctor to give you a pair of disposable ones just to put inside your bag, and carry anywhere together with your solution and the empty case, in this way, if you need a changing or the contacts your wearing becomes really uncomfortable you can change it on the go, or if there's an unexpected activity or sleepovers you have an extra pair to use. Getting contacts, SCARED! I know the eye doctor will show me how, but do any contact wearers have any tips?
I got mine when i was 10.... 10 year olds are very irressponsible and I turned out fine =) They are very easy for me, just remember to take them out at night unless you get the special kind where you can sleep in them. (Which I would doubt your eye doctor would give you if your just getting contacts for the first time) And get soft contacts!!! Never had the hard kind but they look very painful, (soft arent)
dont get scared...its ok if u rub ur eyes i do that everytime wen i wear them nothing happens


nd if u take nap its ok its not harmful


i once had to stay at hospital nd i didnt have my glasses wd me so i wore them for 1 day nd slept nd nothing happened


if ur contacts irritate u rinse them wd the solution


tip:plz dont buy jhonsons company contacts they r not good


hope i helped



you CANT take naps in contacts...or sleep.... and rubbing your eyes will only move your contacts around, but it may make it a little harder to adjust to. You shouldnt rub your eyes, other than that, contacts are easy DON'T worry about it! i am fairly new to getting them, buti do know a little. If you do take a nap, this could cause infection...
yes it is harmful to wear contacts to sleep even if just a nap.


rubbing your eyes should not be a problem


it's not scary at all!!! it might hurts for the first few days but if you don't wear them you'll never get used to them
If you rub your eyes a lot you just have to rub gently because if you rub too hard the lens will fold in your eye and you might tear it. If you have the extended wear contacts you will be find taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color